After so many summer days and having achieved that perfect tan look, your skin may seem dull, with spots on some parts of our body, maybe fine lines or even wrinkles.
It is fully proven that premature skin aging is mainly due to sun exposure. Chronological skin aging has no solution (it is difficult to fight against time), but photoaging speeds up the process.
The skin is composed of three layers: the epidermis, the dermis and the hypodermis. The dermis is composed by collagen, elastin and other fibers that support the structure of the skin. It is important to highlight that these elements are what give the skin a soft and youthful appearance and are also the same damaged by UV radiation.
Visible signs of photo aging damage include the appearance of freckles, spots, redness and texture changes like deep lines, which can lead to uneven and dull-looking skin.
All these signs of damage to our skin caused by excessive sun exposure, dehydrate excessively the skin, leading to the appearance of wrinkles and premature aging.
Therefore, now that you probably have your ideal tan, we give you some tips so that your skin recovers from sun damage and in this way, you can avoid wrinkles and show a glowing skin.
- Apply moisturizer in the morning and at night. The most effective properties are hyaluronic acid and vitamin A or retinol.
- Avoid products with alcohol (tonics, gels …) because they dry the skin and favor wrinkles.
- Wash with cold water, as this tightens the skin and tissues and reactivates blood circulation, so your face will look smoother.
- Once a week apply a facial moisturizing mask. It reduces the deepest wrinkles and leaves the skin more flexible.
- Drink at least 1.5 liters of water a day. It is important to keep our body’s hydration levels high to avoid wrinkles.