Regarding the preventions for this disease, we must take some important measures:
- It should be only used cotton clothing since it’s the softest and lightest.
- It´s essential keeping away from humidity and heat as it increases the itching.
- Thanks to the anti-inflammatory benefits of the sun, exposing to it improves the skin lesions.
- Doing exercise stimulates the disease improvement.
- It`s important to moisturize the skin daily, with special creams as well as drinking plenty of water.
- Soaps used daily for bathing should do not have detergents.
- There is not a special diet determined, however, the patient could easily recognize if some type of food produces any reaction.
For this reason, the atopic dermatitis patient family should collaborate with all the possible prevention measures so as to avoid unpleasant injuries and thus help improve the patient quality life.
By Dr. Eliana San Juan Dermatologist of Zurko Research