Are you looking for products rich in vitamins for your skin?
As you know, vitamins are essential for showing a healthy skin. Therefore, the cosmetic industry has been incorporating them into its products as key ingredients to achieve visible skin benefits.
Thanks to the antioxidant properties of vitamins, it can slow down the action of free radicals (responsible for aging).
In addition, within the most outstanding benefits of vitamins exists: the moisturizing, protective, illuminating and firming powers. Also, it has been shown that vitamins combined with other substances, multiply its benefits.
Here are some benefits of the main vitamins:
- Vitamin A, also known as retinol, is a fat-soluble vitamin stored at the liver. Generally, we can find it in animal origin food (beef, chicken, turkey, and fish), milk products (butter, cheese, and milk), vegetables and fruits (carrots, broccoli, sweet potato, spinach, melon, mango, and others). This vitamin collaborates in growth and tissue repair processes and helps to maintain soft, elastic and healthy skin.
- Vitamin B complex: this mix of vitamins, have many benefits for our skin, among which we can highlight:
- Helps fight skin aging.
- Helps control the production of sebum, which can lead to problems such as acne.
- Helps to repair the skin after surgeries, scars …
- Ally for treatments after sunbathing for its great moisturizing properties.
We can get vitamin B in foods such as: whole grains, bread, wheat germ, chicken, eggs, legumes and liver.
- Vitamin C is an amazing ally against premature aging, it also gives us luminosity, firmness, elasticity and unifies our skin tone. Remember that vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, since it prevents damages to the DNA of cells that are exposed to sunlight radiation and free radicals. Likewise, it increases the collagen synthesis, so it helps preventing wrinkles, increasing the luminosity and unifying the skin tone. You can find it in foods such as broccoli, guava, red peppers, kiwi, parsley, citrus, among others.
- Vitamin D: keeps the epidermal barrier in top form, preventing dehydration, also helps to show a glowing skin and hair. This vitamin can be achieved mostly by sunbathing, however, foods such as tuna, dairy and eggs also provide vitamin D to our organism.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant, this means that it protects body tissue from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals can damage cells, tissues and organs, causing premature aging. In addition, this vitamin is ideal for the treatment of scars and dark spots that appears on the skin, as it can moisturize dry skin to prevent irritation. It is found in foods such as nuts (specially almonds), corn vegetable oils, spinach, broccoli, among others.
What are you waiting to include in your diet and cosmetics all the benefits of vitamins?