It is totally ok to worry about our skin and use cosmetics to take care of it. We must look after our skin with products that help us protect ourselves from the sun, cleansers to eliminate all the makeup and pollutants that we expose ourselves during the day, exfoliators and tonics to remove dead cells and serums, oils or moisturizers for hydrate, lubricate and provide elasticity to our skin, and thus avoid wrinkles.
Also, it is clear the importance of using cosmetics suitable for our skin type, as well as previously evaluated products, which confirms their efficacy and safety to prevent damage to our skin and achieve the expected results.
However, in recent years, it has been shown that it is not enough just to buy cosmetic products to achieve a healthy and radiant skin, as this must be complemented by a set of healthy habits in order to achieve an integral well-being. This means to achieve a balance between body and mind as a one element, getting in this way to a holistic beauty.
Recent studies have shown that this balance is essential for a flawless skin, since it connects the aging process with our well-being. Any type of sensory stimulation, thought or feeling is interpreted by the brain, and its response, whether is positive or negative, is reflected in our skin.
Now, we will recommend you some habits that we must integrate into our lives for achieving an integral well-being, balancing our body and mind:
- Exercising: doing constantly sport or exercise not only helps us with getting a fit body, but it is also important to maintain a healthy body.
- Healthy food: keeping a balanced diet, rich in fruits and vegetables, is one of the essential elements for an excellent health life. In addition, eating balanced and healthy nourishes us with vitamins and minerals which are beneficial for our skin.
- Drink water: it is very important not to forget to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day, since this in addition to keeping our bodies healthy and avoiding diseases, improves the elasticity of the skin, and therefore keeps it hydrated and smooth.
- Feed your spirit: it is proven that to maintain a healthy mind and a balanced life we have to spend time in what we really love doing. It can be activities like yoga, dancing, singing, painting or doing any craft.
- Social life: establishing relations with similar people to us and maintaining good relations of friendship or love, is the key to a good personal and emotional growth.
- Sleep well: sleeping the required hours are essential to ensure the proper functioning of the body. It is advisable to sleep between 7 to 8 hours.