Nowadays, sun protection goes beyond sunscreens designed for application prior to sun exposure. Every day, there are more daily use products that include a sun protection factor (facial cream, make up, lip products, among others). Zurko Research is a leading company in the assessment of products with a sun protection factor. On the one hand, we are replicating studies in accordance with current regulations (determining the Sun Protection Factor SPF in accordance with ISO24444 and the FDA – determining Water Resistance (Colipa 2005) – determining UVA-PDD in accordance with ISO 24442) and on the other hand, we are developing new protocols to defend innovative claims (high water resistance, sweat resistance, sand resistance and soothing efficacy, among others).
All our studies are carried out in compliance with strict quality standards and in accordance with the principles of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
In Vivo efficacy studies
|SPF Sun Protecction Factor (ISO 24444 and FDA)|
|Water Resistance and Very Water Resistance|
|UVA FP – PPD (ISO 24442)|
|Sand low adherence|
In Vitro efficacy studies
- In vivo
- Tolerance and skin compatibility after an application in occlusion (PATCH TEST)
- Tolerance and skin compatibility several applications (OPEN TEST)
- Hypoallergenicity (HRIPT)
- Use test
- Evaluate the preservative capacity of the cosmetic product. – European Pharmacopoeia EP – ISO 11930-
- Evaluate the preservative capacity of the cosmetic product after re-inoculation. EP with re-inocula EP (42
- The objective is to analyze the stability of the product through several parameters:
- Lifespan study (3/6 months)
- Storage conditions
- Temperature variation
- Evaluation of color, pH, viscosity, migration of ingredients with respect to the container, changes in the
container, among others.
- Vials, pathogens and enterobacteria count.