We are experts in the tolerance and efficacy assessment of cosmetic products for baby and child care and skin care. Although the skin of a baby and an adult share certain common characteristics, recent studies have shown that the epidermis and stratum corneum of a child are thinner than those of an adult, which is why they offer a less effective protective barrier.
At Zurko Research, we take all those factors into account, in order to design the most appropriate study. Furthermore, we have an extensive data base of children at our disposal, which allows us to segment studies, differentiating between studies for baby (over 3 months of age) and child care products.
All our studies are carried out in compliance with strict quality standards and in accordance with the principles of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
In Vivo efficacy studies
|Effect on the skin barrier function|
|Prevention and protection against irritations|
In Vitro efficacy studies
- In vivo
- Tolerance and skin compatibility after an application in occlusion (PATCH TEST)
- Tolerance and skin compatibility several applications (OPEN TEST)
- Hypoallergenicity (HRIPT)
- Use test
- Evaluate the preservative capacity of the cosmetic product. – European Pharmacopoeia EP – ISO 11930-
- Evaluate the preservative capacity of the cosmetic product after re-inoculation. EP with re-inocula EP (42
- The objective is to analyze the stability of the product through several parameters:
- Lifespan study (3/6 months)
- Storage conditions
- Temperature variation
- Evaluation of color, pH, viscosity, migration of ingredients with respect to the container, changes in the
container, among others.
- Vials, pathogens and enterobacteria count.