Atopic dermatitis, known as atopic eczema, is a chronic inflammatory dermatological disease of the skin that evolves from outbreaks, where there is a genetic predisposition, which predominantly affects the child population, and where the main symptom is PICOR.
Some measures to prevent atopic dermatitis:
- The clothes to be used must be exclusively made of cotton since it is the softest and lightest.
- It is essential to avoid moisture and heat as they increase the purity or itching.
- Being the sun, a great anti-inflammatory helps improve skin lesions.
- Exercise stimulates the improvement of the disease.
- It is important to hydrate the skin a lot daily, both with special creams and drink plenty of water.
- Soaps that do not have daily bath detergents should be used.
- There is no defined diet for feeding, however the patient easily recognizes if any food produces any kind of reaction.
If we talk about treatment, we can highlight:
characteristics of each patient the treatments considered appropriate to reduce itching, redness or erythema and other injuries caused by this disease.
The dermatologist may prescribe if necessary, creams with corticosteroids to use locally, as well as immunomodulators topically, as well as oral antihistamines to reduce itching. Sometimes local and oral antibiotics may become necessary when the lesions are infected.
It is advisable to avoid the use of corticosteroids by mouth.
Finally, it should be noted that the chronic nature of atopic dermatitis and the lack of satisfactory therapeutic control greatly affect the quality of life of patients and their family group, therefore, at Zurko Research, we are conducting research studies with new products to improve the quality of life of the patient and his family and where many volunteers can participate in a safe and controlled way, attended by professionals of great human quality and experience.